My name is Maria Hamblin and I am a qualified Careers Manager. I am employed by the Academy and work Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm. My office is situated in the library.
So what do I do?
- 1 to 1 careers sessions by appointment.
- Work experience opportunities for students studying BTEC courses primarily.
- Organise Army insight courses.
- Organise Interview practice days with employers
- CV writing.
- University visits & interviews.
- Mini careers related sessions for tutors.
- Careers library resources.
- Support teachers with useful careers resources and advice.
- Develop links with employers for apprenticeship opportunities.
- Do work placement risk assessments.
How can I support you?
- I can support students to explore suitable careers for them.
- Advise them about the qualifications and training they need to consider enabling them to move in to their chosen career.
- Help them with their decision making from options through to college, 6th form or apprenticeship, through to university or work.
- If you study BTEC courses I will work with you and the employer to gain a suitable placement.
- If you would like to do work experience from year 10 upwards during holidays I will work with you to help you gain a placement.
- Give you a better understanding of finances and funding.
I will keep you up to date with the latest requirements within the work place through a variety of medium including projected information within the library wall, through website links on the Academy website, through assemblies, resources within the library, through tutors, hand outs, visual displays on boards and windows, planned careers fairs and, employer talks and activities. I will do what is necessary to ensure you have the opportunity to develop and grow your understanding about the working world and what having a good career can get you.
For more information or an appointment contact firstname.lastname@example.org